Download a Microsoft Word resume or an RTF formatted resume.
To streamline and automate computer system processes in a collaborative environment.
· Twenty years experience designing, writing, and supporting computer processes
· Eleven years experience managing a business
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate multifunctional operations in a technical organization
· Main Frame BAL, Clist, Dialog Manager, COBOL
PCs OLE 2, DDE, DAO, RDO,
· PCs Access, Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, FrontPage, Visual Studio, Visual InterDev, Visual Modeler
· Main Frame TSO, SPF, IMS
· PCs DOS, Windows, Windows for Workgroups, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, NetWare
· Mainframe MVS, MVS XA, MVS ESA
· PCs IBM Compatible 8086-80686, Pentium
· Mainframe IBM 360, 370, 338x, 339x
1993 to current Owner,
Computer Services Contracting;
Projects: Developed various Internet- and PC- based systems for small businesses and internal use.
· Internet Email Auto Reader (internal) Visual Basic, Access, Microsoft Internet Control Pack, ActiveX, TCP IP, HTML, POP, SMTP
· Mortgage application tracking system Independent Mortgage Originator - Access Basic, Microsoft Office and WinFax PRO
· Equity asset assessment system (internal) Visual Basic, Access Basic, Microsoft Office
· Contact tracking system (internal) Microsoft Access
· Built and continue to manage a LAN (internal) Windows NT 4.0 Server (PDC & BDC), Windows 98SE Clients, Router w/NAT (internet sharing), wireless (802.11a & 802.11b), CAT5, TCP/IP, Netbeui
· Manage several Internet email accounts (internal) DNS, web based email manager
2001 to 2002 Technical Manager, Picker Business Systems, Inc., Rocky Hill, CT Software Company
Project: Supported and made modifications to existing code base, Built and managed a peer-to-peer office network with shared Internet access, Managed multiple websites, managed internet email accounts, Provided technical assistance to office personnel. The job ended when the owner closed the business.
· Supported and made modifications to a product called Masterpak, a billing application for healthcare businesses Visual Basic, Access, DOS Basic
· Supported and made modifications to a product called Alsapak, a services tracking application for healthcare businesses Visual Basic
· Built and managed a peer-to-peer office network Windows 98SE, Router w/NAT (internet sharing) , CAT5, TCP/IP, Netbeui
· Provided technical assistance to office personnel Windows 98SE, MS Office Professional, Symantec SystemWorks, Symantec Internet Security
· Managed several Internet email accounts (internal) DNS, web based email manager
2000 to 2001 Consultant, SNET,
Project: Designed and built a stand-alone application sales people used for providing estimates to prospective business customers Visual Basic v6.0, created ActiveX Controls, MS Access Database
1997 to 1998 Consultant, Northeast Utilities, Waterford, CT Nuclear Power Plant
Project: Project Manager for six document tracking and reporting systems Access, Access Basic, Excel, Word, Word Basic, OLE, DDE, ODBC, Sybase 10, Novell API
· Developed system to support the Nuclear Regulatory Commissions (NRC) mandate to gather, track, and report the association of all documents needed for the plants operations. Document topics ranged from legal and design requirements to plant design.
· Developed system to track and report on the analysis and status of legal requirements for the plant.
· Developed system to track retrieval and shipping of documents requested by independent reviewers with various reports.
· Developed system to track report discrepancies found by the independent reviewers.
· Developed system to log, track, and report NRC requests for information.
· Developed system to download Sybase 10 procedure control data to Access and generate various reports.
1996 to 1996 Consultant, Capitol Region Workforce, Hartford, CT Federally subsidized company
Project: Developed Application and Contract Tracking and Reporting System managing worker skills assessment, training and job placement services Access, Access Basic, Excel, Word
1995 to 1996 Consultant, CIGNA, Bloomfield, CT Insurance Company
Project: Member of development team for Information Inquiry System for and about current and prospective Providers and Members Visual Basic Version 4.0, Windows NT Workstation Version 3.51, Exception Logging to the NT Event Log
1994 to 1995 Consultant, State of Connecticut, Hartford, CT Office of Policy and Management
Project: Grant Management System For Elderly and Disabled Renters Visual Basic, Access Basic, Word Basic via OLE from Access Basic, OLE and DDE, Microsoft Office
1993 to 1993 Consultant, Serendipity Recordings, Guilford, CT Mail Order Record Distributor
Project: Inventory tracking and invoicing system Visual Basic, Access Basic, Word Basic via OLE from Access Basic, OLE and DDE, Microsoft Office
1982 to 1992 Lead Systems Specialist, Travelers Insurance Company; One Tower Square; Hartford, CT; IMS Group/Computer Science Division: Designed and coded systems productivity enhancements BAL, Clist, Dialog Manager
1979 to 1981 Middlesex Community College; Middletown, CT; A.S., Information Systems
Computers, Internet, coin collecting, gem collecting, swimming and snorkeling, birds, traveling, and meeting people. Would like to SCUBA some day.
Connecticut - Approximate circle from Hartford area down RT. 84 to Marion across RT. 691 to Meriden down RT. 91 to New Haven across RT. 95 to Stonington up RT. 395 to Danielson. See map.
See a narrative of my IT Career written by my wife Rhodie.
Last Update November 20, 2017 01:32 PM - Copyright © 1996, Computer Services Contracting, All Rights Reserved.